Electives (54 credit hours)
- Applied area credit hours: 12
- Humanities elective (HU 3000-level or higher recommended) credit hours: 3
- Restricted electives (COM) credit hours: 3
- Restricted electives (MTH 3000-level or higher) credit hours: 9
- Social science credit hours: 3
- Technical electives credit hours: 24
Positioning of electives is unrestricted. At least 30 elective credits must be at the 3000 level or higher. Choices of electives are subject to approval by the student’s advisor.
Technical area elective must be math, computer science, engineering or science course involving technology.
Applied area electives must be taken from a single area of application. Typically, this means from a single department or program other than mathematics. Any science or engineering program can be chosen. Suitably chosen management courses (courses with mathematics prerequisites) can also be taken.
Note: Upper-division mathematics courses may be offered in alternate years.